Prom is a night filled with glamour and lifelong memories. When you look back on your prom experience years from now, you might not remember all the tiny details, but you will likely remember how you felt. Since your dress will play a huge role in making you feel like royalty for a night, choose a gown that reflects your personality and makes you smile. Check out our roundup of 2018 prom dress trends to make sure you’ll have the confidence to dance the night away.
2018 Prom Dress Trends
1. Two-Piece Gowns
If you’re looking for a dress that achieves an elegant and fun look, two-piece gowns are a great option. This style is one of the most popular trends of the year and is a modern twist on a borrowed trend from the 1940s. Combination ensembles have made a strong comeback in recent years, and the spring 2018 Alyce Paris line features many stunning skirt-and-top pairs to choose from.
2. Floral Patterns
Floral patterns never go out of style, but this pattern is getting even more attention when it comes to 2018 prom dress trends. Beautiful prints of roses or other blooming flowers will turn heads and help you stand out from the crowd. For a bold look, search for a dress with a large, contrasting floral pattern. Choose a gown with a subtle, two-tone print for understated elegance.
3. Flattering Necklines
This year, you will be able to find stunning dresses with a variety of necklines, so choose a dress shape that flatters your body type. There are several trending necklines that will look great on nearly any figure:
- Halter tops compliment many body types, but they are perfect if you have a medium to full-bust with wide shoulders, and they look great on both straight and hourglass torsos. Pair a halter top with a skirt for a perfect two-piece look.
- V-necks are very popular this year and can give the illusion of a taller and more slender silhouette, making them a flattering choice for nearly any girl. They draw the eye up to the face and are a particularly good choice for girls with broad shoulders or short necks.
- Similar to v-necks, sweetheart necklines flatter a wide variety of body types. For full-busted ladies, these necklines accentuate cleavage, and they can give the illusion of more curves to slender girls.
- Off-the-shoulder dresses are iconic and classic, and there is a reason they never seem to go out of style. They are particularly popular this year, however. These necklines lead the eye to the shoulders and showcase the collar bones. Off-the-shoulder dresses are flattering on both small and medium busts, and they look especially fantastic on petite and hourglass shapes.
4. Vibrant Colors and Rich Hues
With ultra violet being the Pantone Color of the Year for 2018, it is no surprise that radiant hues are right on trend this prom season. The 2018 Ellie Wilde spring collection includes a variety of vibrant colors, from cobalt blue to fuchsia. Don’t be afraid to flaunt your stuff in a bold, brightly colored dress.
Choosing a prom dress is an important decision, which is why it is helpful to look at a full-service salon with a variety of gowns that fit your budget. If you live in southern Missouri or northern Arkansas, stop by Normans Bridal to find your prom dress. Our team members are passionate about helping customers find the dress they’ve been dreaming of and can make recommendations on shape, color, and fabric. To schedule an appointment, please give us a call at 417-866-9800 or contact us through our website. Our wide selection of dresses and affordable prices will make shopping for your prom dress an unforgettable and joyful experience.