Normans Bridal is now in “Hall of Fame” by The Knot.
We are pleased and honored to announce we are now in the “the knot best of weddings” HALL OF FAME.
How did we receive this honor? The Hall of Fame is comprised of the bridal vendors who have won the knot best of weddings four or more times. The knot is based on reviews by brides, for brides. TheKnot.com the number-one wedding destination, most trusted by brides.
We appreciate our local brides selecting us as the best.
- “Do you Speak Bride?” - Since Brenda opened Normans Bridal in 1980 so much has changed in the bridal industry. What brides want and expect has also changed. After all, brides today aren’t wearing hats, long sleeve satin gowns with high necks and pointy pumps like they were in 1980. Monday and Tuesday we were honored with having Wendy Rivera […]
- Wedding Dress Silhouettes - You’ve set the date and booked your venue – now it’s time to find your perfect wedding dress! Whether you’ve dreamed of walking down the aisle in a taffeta-trimmed ball gown or a figure-hugging mermaid dress, your swoon-worthy wedding gown is out there waiting for you. To find that dream gown, start by figuring out […]
- Normans Bridal Supports Harmony House - SHELTER, ADVOCACY & EDUCATION We Care! We are passionate about giving back. We partner with Harmony House every October to help local victims of domestic abuse. The mission of Harmony House: Provide shelter, advocacy and education to survivors of domestic violence and promote the principle that all individuals have the right to a life free […]
- 10 Common Wedding Dress Mistakes - All women want to feel comfortable, beautiful, and confident on their wedding day. Unfortunately, some brides don’t feel this way due to a few innocent missteps made during the shopping process. This might happen because a bride is unfamiliar with how to shop for a bridal gown, feeling caught up in the excitement, or too […]
- Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping - Many women dream of the dress they will wear on their wedding day for years. When you combine these emotional expectations with practical considerations like the budget, the wedding date, and your body shape, a shopping trip that’s meant to be fun and exciting can feel incredibly stressful. So before you head to the bridal […]
- Courtney and Alex’s Stormy Romantic Wedding 4-29-17 - Alex and I married on what turned out to be the absolute rainiest day of the year. It thundered, and it stormed, but still people braved the flooding to come and celebrate with us. We had our reception at Branson Hills Golf Club (complete with fireworks!) and it was absolutely beautiful. We knew that we […]
- Normans Bridal Chosen 2017 “THE KNOT BEST OF WEDDINGS” - WHAT AN HONOR We are thrilled to be selected again for “The Knot Best of Weddings”. Thank you to all of the couples who took the time to vote/review Normans Bridal. Each year “The Knot” compiles a list of “the best” local vendors and we are honored to be among the highest, most-rated wedding vendors […]
- Normans Bridal Supports Harmony House - On October 28th the staff at Normans Bridal supported Harmony House by wearing the symbolic “black eye” sticker to bring awareness to domestic violence. Throughout the month of October Normans Bridal will be donating $10 for every wedding dress sold as well as handing out information about Harmony House and their mission. Community members […]
- Normans Bridal supports iCare to benefit Harmony House - On October 28th the staff at Normans will be wearing a symbolic “black eye” sticker and distributing information about Harmony House and domestic violence. Ask us why iCare….Green county has the highest domestic violence rate per capita than ANY other county in the state! This 2nd annual fundraiser helps raise funds for much needed resources. Normans will […]
- Essense “Test” Show THIS WEEKEND! - We are SO excited that we have been chosen to host a “TEST” show for Essense of Austrailia. Essense will bring the Fall 2017 bridal line to “test” the new styles before they are available to the public. So come and shop the newest fashions with us and let them know what you think […]
- 4th ANNUAL DASH FOR THE DRESS SALE - The fourth annual dash for the dress sale is just around the corner! Join us October 1st from 9am-6pm at 317 South Avenue, Springfield, MO. There are more dresses than ever and the prices are better than ever. All included dresses will be 25%, 50% and 75% off. Dresses start at $99. No appointments, it […]
- What Your Bridal Consultant Wants You To Know-Part 2 - #8. Relax. We want you to have fun and enjoy your day, it is much more fun for us when everyone is having a good time. #9. Only bring 1-4 guests with you. Why? Too many opinions! The only opinion that really matters is the brides’ and maybe the person paying for the dress. Yes […]
- What Your Bridal Consultant Wants You To Know-Part 1 - #1 We are here for you! You are why we do this. We really do enjoy our job and we hope that you see that. #2 Isn’t there a saying like “success occurs when opportunity meets preparation”. Well it goes for planning a wedding too. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get […]
- I’m Getting Married, Now What? - First, take a deep breath. You are more than likely getting ready to orchestrate the biggest and most meaningful performance of your life. You have the ability to make wonderful memories or turn into a stressed bridezilla. We would rather you choose the first so here are a few tips. Remember what the ultimate goal […]
- Carissa and James Pettit’s Central Park Wedding- a Norman’s Bridal Real Wedding - “I loved shopping for my wedding dress at Normans Bridal. They helped me find exactly what I was looking for to make my wedding day more special.”-Carissa (Groesbeck) Pettit Take a peek at Carissa and James’s intimate Central Park wedding. Photography by Michael Skoglund www.skoglundweddings.com
- Counterfeit Wedding Dress Woes - A designer wedding gown is a one-of-a-kind original, made with a careful eye toward quality and overall aesthetic. Not only are there counterfeit wedding dresses being sold online, but copyrighted images from the designers site are being used without their consent to falsely imply that the dresses purchased from these sites would look, feel, […]
- Lovely in Lace - Few fabrics can evoke the timeless sophistication and elegance that Lace can. It is no wonder why designers have been creating beautiful wedding gowns from this delicate fabric for so long. Although lace is often considered a more traditional fabric, new silhouettes offer today’s modern bride the best of both worlds. Iconic women from Grace […]
- Quick makeup tips for the girl on the go! - Your world moves fast, and you don’t have time to holdup in the bathroom in front of a mirror all night. But because makeup is such an important part of your appearance, you might feel like you don’t have a choice. You need to look good. At Jovani, we understand. That’s why we supply you […]
- It’s never too early to start looking for prom dresses! - Prom 2016 may seem far off, but it’s only a couple months away. While many girls start looking for dresses in March or even as late as April, getting a head start on the process will ensure that, when it comes time to post those Prom pictures on Facebook, you’ll be the one standing […]
- Knowing your personal style when choosing the perfect dress - Choosing the perfect dress for a special event can be very exciting, but it can also be challenging especially if you have a specific look in mind. Whether you are looking for a simple cocktail dress for a party, your prom dress, your wedding dress, or a social occasion dress, it is important to stay […]
- Bridesmaid Dress Trends: Think Outside the Rack - While a wedding is all about the bride (and maybe the groom, too), when it’s your turn to stand at the altar, you’ll also be sharing the spotlight with a handful of your very favorite ladies. These are the girls that knew you when you had braces in high school, and were kind enough […]
- Wedding Notes-Wedding Bouquet Styles - WEDDING NOTES – Wedding Bouquet Styles As you consider the style of flowers you want for your bridal bouquet, there are several factors to consider. You will want to settle on a color, fragrance, whether or not the flowers will last or hold up and the shape or style of the arrangement. The price of […]
- Wedding Notes- Perfect-Yes, Flawless-Unlikely - WEDDING NOTES – Perfect -Yes, Flawless-Unlikely Of course you want your wedding and reception to be perfect. You will invest lots of time and effort and money to make that happen. Perfect means that all your planning pays off and your wedding day is a lovely event that you and your groom will remember for […]
- Wedding Notes- Bridezillas are Wrong - WEDDING NOTES – Bridezillas Are Wrong We all realize that the bride and groom are the focal points of this very special day. The wedding and its celebration are milestones in individual lives and family memories. It is a significant social and personal event that deserves the attention given it. But what many of us […]
- Wedding Notes- Your Green Wedding - WEDDING NOTES – Your Green Wedding More couples are choosing to have an eco friendly wedding. And while the idea seems appealing, many do not know how to go about staging such an event. We have some excellent ideas to share with our brides who want to “go green” on their big day. Plan to […]
- Wedding Notes- The Rehearsal Dinner - WEDDING NOTES-The Rehearsal Dinner The rehearsal dinner is an integral part of the wedding celebration. It is a happy and relaxing time for family and friends. It is designed to bring people together and sets the tone for the ceremony and celebration to come. Traditionally, the groom’s family hosts the party. They invite the immediate […]