Normans Bridal is now in “Hall of Fame” by The Knot.
We are pleased and honored to announce we are now in the “the knot best of weddings” HALL OF FAME.
How did we receive this honor? The Hall of Fame is comprised of the bridal vendors who have won the knot best of weddings four or more times. The knot is based on reviews by brides, for brides. TheKnot.com the number-one wedding destination, most trusted by brides.
We appreciate our local brides selecting us as the best.
- How to Prepare for Wedding Dress Shopping- When you make an appointment at a bridal salon, keep in mind that your time is limited. By taking a few extra steps beforehand, you can make the most out of every minute you have. Plus, learning how to prepare for wedding dress shopping can help ensure that you have a fun, productive, and stress-free […]
- Normans Bridal at Barcelona Bridal Week 5-9-18- One of Brenda’s favorite places is the Barcelona Bridal Mart! Scroll through a few of her pictures below. She saw gorgeous dresses as well as some outlandish outfits while she was there this past April. Why does she go all of this way? The biggest reason to go to Barcelona is to pre-order a full […]
- Prom Dresses for Short Girls- If you’re under 5 foot 4, you’re probably no stranger to the feeling of drowning in fabric. Heels or not, choosing a prom dress that flatters your small frame can help you feel confident so that you can enjoy your big night. Keep reading to learn more about the best types of prom dresses for short […]
- Most Popular Prom Dress Colors- Finding the perfect prom dress isn’t just about selecting a flattering style. It’s about singling out the ideal color to complement your skin tone, hair color, eyes, accessories, and sometimes even your date’s outfit. These colors have rocked the prom runway every year, but this year, they’ve secured their spots as the most popular prom […]
- 2018 Wedding Dress Trends- From dramatic sleeves to elegant accents, these bridal trends have taken over the runways – and for good reason! The latest 2018 wedding dress trends add even more style and pop to what has long been the ultimate fashion statement. Scroll down to see which styles are wowing bridal show audiences and brides-to-be this year.
- Prom Dresses for Curvy Girls- Prom is right around the corner, and your voluptuous figure deserves some time in the spotlight. Are you ready to show off those curves and zip into the perfect prom dress? Let’s highlight those hips, enhance that neckline, and find some ideal prom dresses for curvy girls.
- How to Preserve Your Wedding Dress- Your wedding is over, thank you cards have been mailed, and gifts are put away. Now you’re left wondering how to preserve your wedding dress — the one garment you dreamed of for years. Left unprotected in your closet, time will dull and damage your dress, so before you head down that aisle, make sure […]
- Wedding Dress Fabric Guide- Congratulations bride-to-be! You now get to pick the most important, self-expressive garment you will ever wear. NO stress . . . Right? Wrong. It can be overwhelming to step into the world of bridal. So, take a step back. If you want, do some research, ask questions, and educate yourself on wedding gowns. This article […]
- “Do you Speak Bride?”- Since Brenda opened Normans Bridal in 1980 so much has changed in the bridal industry. What brides want and expect has also changed. After all, brides today aren’t wearing hats, long sleeve satin gowns with high necks and pointy pumps like they were in 1980. Monday and Tuesday we were honored with having Wendy Rivera […]
- Wedding Dress Silhouettes- You’ve set the date and booked your venue – now it’s time to find your perfect wedding dress! Whether you’ve dreamed of walking down the aisle in a taffeta-trimmed ball gown or a figure-hugging mermaid dress, your swoon-worthy wedding gown is out there waiting for you. To find that dream gown, start by figuring out […]
- Normans Bridal Supports Harmony House- SHELTER, ADVOCACY & EDUCATION We Care! We are passionate about giving back. We partner with Harmony House every October to help local victims of domestic abuse. The mission of Harmony House: Provide shelter, advocacy and education to survivors of domestic violence and promote the principle that all individuals have the right to a life free […]
- 10 Common Wedding Dress Mistakes- All women want to feel comfortable, beautiful, and confident on their wedding day. Unfortunately, some brides don’t feel this way due to a few innocent missteps made during the shopping process. This might happen because a bride is unfamiliar with how to shop for a bridal gown, feeling caught up in the excitement, or too […]
- Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping- Many women dream of the dress they will wear on their wedding day for years. When you combine these emotional expectations with practical considerations like the budget, the wedding date, and your body shape, a shopping trip that’s meant to be fun and exciting can feel incredibly stressful. So before you head to the bridal […]
- Courtney and Alex’s Stormy Romantic Wedding 4-29-17- Alex and I married on what turned out to be the absolute rainiest day of the year. It thundered, and it stormed, but still people braved the flooding to come and celebrate with us. We had our reception at Branson Hills Golf Club (complete with fireworks!) and it was absolutely beautiful. We knew that we […]
- Normans Bridal Chosen 2017 “THE KNOT BEST OF WEDDINGS”- WHAT AN HONOR We are thrilled to be selected again for “The Knot Best of Weddings”. Thank you to all of the couples who took the time to vote/review Normans Bridal. Each year “The Knot” compiles a list of “the best” local vendors and we are honored to be among the highest, most-rated wedding vendors […]
- Normans Bridal Supports Harmony House- On October 28th the staff at Normans Bridal supported Harmony House by wearing the symbolic “black eye” sticker to bring awareness to domestic violence. Throughout the month of October Normans Bridal will be donating $10 for every wedding dress sold as well as handing out information about Harmony House and their mission. Community members […]
- Normans Bridal supports iCare to benefit Harmony House- On October 28th the staff at Normans will be wearing a symbolic “black eye” sticker and distributing information about Harmony House and domestic violence. Ask us why iCare….Green county has the highest domestic violence rate per capita than ANY other county in the state! This 2nd annual fundraiser helps raise funds for much needed resources. Normans will […]
- Essense “Test” Show THIS WEEKEND!- We are SO excited that we have been chosen to host a “TEST” show for Essense of Austrailia. Essense will bring the Fall 2017 bridal line to “test” the new styles before they are available to the public. So come and shop the newest fashions with us and let them know what you think […]
- 4th ANNUAL DASH FOR THE DRESS SALE- The fourth annual dash for the dress sale is just around the corner! Join us October 1st from 9am-6pm at 317 South Avenue, Springfield, MO. There are more dresses than ever and the prices are better than ever. All included dresses will be 25%, 50% and 75% off. Dresses start at $99. No appointments, it […]
- What Your Bridal Consultant Wants You To Know-Part 2- #8. Relax. We want you to have fun and enjoy your day, it is much more fun for us when everyone is having a good time. #9. Only bring 1-4 guests with you. Why? Too many opinions! The only opinion that really matters is the brides’ and maybe the person paying for the dress. Yes […]
- What Your Bridal Consultant Wants You To Know-Part 1- #1 We are here for you! You are why we do this. We really do enjoy our job and we hope that you see that. #2 Isn’t there a saying like “success occurs when opportunity meets preparation”. Well it goes for planning a wedding too. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get […]
- I’m Getting Married, Now What?- First, take a deep breath. You are more than likely getting ready to orchestrate the biggest and most meaningful performance of your life. You have the ability to make wonderful memories or turn into a stressed bridezilla. We would rather you choose the first so here are a few tips. Remember what the ultimate goal […]
- Carissa and James Pettit’s Central Park Wedding- a Norman’s Bridal Real Wedding- “I loved shopping for my wedding dress at Normans Bridal. They helped me find exactly what I was looking for to make my wedding day more special.”-Carissa (Groesbeck) Pettit Take a peek at Carissa and James’s intimate Central Park wedding. Photography by Michael Skoglund www.skoglundweddings.com
- Counterfeit Wedding Dress Woes- A designer wedding gown is a one-of-a-kind original, made with a careful eye toward quality and overall aesthetic. Not only are there counterfeit wedding dresses being sold online, but copyrighted images from the designers site are being used without their consent to falsely imply that the dresses purchased from these sites would look, feel, […]
- Lovely in Lace- Few fabrics can evoke the timeless sophistication and elegance that Lace can. It is no wonder why designers have been creating beautiful wedding gowns from this delicate fabric for so long. Although lace is often considered a more traditional fabric, new silhouettes offer today’s modern bride the best of both worlds. Iconic women from Grace […]
- Quick makeup tips for the girl on the go!- Your world moves fast, and you don’t have time to holdup in the bathroom in front of a mirror all night. But because makeup is such an important part of your appearance, you might feel like you don’t have a choice. You need to look good. At Jovani, we understand. That’s why we supply you […]